Lap Myomectomy(fibroid removal)
Laparoscopic Myomectomy, also called Robotic Myomectomy is a surgical procedure of removing fibroids through small abdominal incisions. Laparoscopic Myomectomy is suggested and advised for those who experience problems due to fibroids. This procedure is usually recommended when the woman wants the fibroids to be removed but want to preserve the uterus. Fibroids affects daily life as they cause problems such as pelvic pain or pressure, heavy menstrual bleeding, urinary frequency, or incontinence.
If there are many causes and symptoms that trouble your normal activities such as heavy menstrual bleeding, pelvic pressure or urinary incontinence, then doctors can suggest laparoscopic myomectomy.
Some of the reasons to choose myomectomy are –
- If planning to bear children.
- If the uterine fibroids are interfering with fertility.
- If you want to keep the uterus and just want to remove the fibroids.
Compared to other treatments, Laparoscopic Myomectomy is considered as an effective, appropriate, and safe procedure to remove fibroids from the uterus. Some of the benefits are as follows –
- It causes less loss of blood during the operation process.
- The treatment does not take a long time where the patient gets a discharge within a day.
- It has a quick postoperative recovery